Matthew was born and raised in Winnipeg. He received a Bachelor of Arts in 2013 from the University of Manitoba with a major in psychology and a minor in sociology. Following in his parents’ footsteps, he decided to pursue law school. He obtained a Juris Doctor from the University of Manitoba’s Faculty of Law in 2016 and was called to the Manitoba Bar in 2017.
Matthew currently operates out of the Winnipeg, Morden and Winkler offices. He enjoys a general practice in the areas of corporate and commercial law, real estate, wills and estates, and family law. Matthew is trained in Basic Collaborative Practice and Conflict Resolution and is a proud member of Collaborative Practice Manitoba. In his family law practice, Matthew prefers to resolve family matters in a collaborative fashion and believes that a healthy co-parenting relationship is in the best interests of the children and the parents.
Outside of the office, Matthew can often be found on the volleyball court, the golf course, or spending time with his many nieces and nephews.
Areas Of Practice
- Business Planning and Corporate Organization
- Commercial Real Estate and Construction
- Corporate and Commercial Law, Mergers, and Acquisitions
- Creation and Governance of Condominium Corporations
- Domestic and Family Law
- Farming and Family Farm Corporations
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Residential Real Estate and Resort Properties
- Wills, Estates, Trusts and Elder Law